Wednesday, June 9, 2010

the simple woman's daybook

this is a new discovery for me, & i must thank elizabeth over at heartfelt homemaking for introducing me to this wonderful addition to my weekly routine.

i love how the universe brings us what we need, just when we need it...

the simple woman's daybook


FOR TODAY~June 09, 2010
Outside my window...it is dark, the fireflies are flashing in the the night. the chickens are in their coop, the children are in their beds, and i am reliving the wonder that was today. my world is at peace.

I am thinking...of all that i have to be thankful for, reminding myself to stay true to my life, my own path. despite what plans the rest of the world may have, only my heart know the direction for me to take.

I am thankful for...the amazing community of online mamas who provide unyielding support & inspiration for every aspect of my life!
From the learning rooms...we have finished our lessons & cleaned our chalkboards, but our daily rhythm continues...today was "project day" and we finished up an amazing tree fort/bunker designed by our 7 year old son. :)
From the kitchen...i have recently discovered nourishing traditions, by sally fallon & look forward to making more of our own foods & "living simply so that others may simply live" (gandhi).
I am wearing...a thrifted white camisole/tank & a pair of midnight blue linen capris passed onto me from another mamas.
I am creating...balancing butterflies & knit pokemon card cases...party favors for our son's 10th birthday party.
I am going...to be mindful & take each day, each moment at a time...make small changes, and resist my seemingly ingrained from birth urges to overhaul. i will work harder to respect my family & each of its members, appreciating that we each have our own amazing gifts to offer.
I am reading...nourishing traditions (sally fallon), re-reading you are your child's first teacher (rahima baldwin dancy)
I am hoping...that each day will go as beautifully as today!
I am hearing...the sound of silence after a long & busy, but perfect day! :)
Around the house...there are a boxes of toy & shelves of books, pictures on the wall, crumbs on the floor, dishes in the sink, clothes to mend, & laundry baskets that call to me...all constant reminders of the 5 most important people in my life.
One of my favorite things...is knitting for those i love! this week pokemon card holders, but my ravelry queue holds pages upon pages of treasures for the many loves in my life.
A few plans for the rest of the week: gardening, a picnic & play date with friends tomorrow, chess club on friday, baking on saturday...
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
love for a toad & all of god's creatures great & small...


good night.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely start to your weekly reflection with the day journal. I'm glad you've joined the ranks.
    Its been fun seeing the differences in this new community of women :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderfully peaceful evening after a blessed day. Glad yo found my blog and joined the "Simple Woman's Daybook".

    ReplyDelete